Mid April Joys
I can't believe it is almost the middle of April. I've been so happy to have things rolling along that I keep forgetting to do the writing to let all of you know what is going on! So here is a quick list:
2. I'm so happy to be included in the Special Edition of Women United Art Magazine as the 1st Prize winner of the Women United Art Prize in the Collage and Fiber Arts Category. You can get your copy here. My solo show related to the Art Prize has come down but I'm hoping to put up a virtual tour on my website at some point so you can see it in case you missed it. Mona Lerch of Women United Movement also interviewed me for the podcast, I'll let you know when that is up. Thank you again to Mona and the jurors for this incredible honor.
3. I have an interview up on Canvas Rebel Magazine about my work and process. Thank you to Tara Barr, fellow DMV artist who has a studio at the Torpedo Factory, for recommending me and to Samantha Brown on the editorial staff at Canvas Rebel for getting my interview together.
4. Spring classes are starting up! You can still sign up for my class at Falls Church Arts here (it started this week but it is not too late!!) and my class at MoCA Arlington here. Both classes are mixed media exploration classes for adults. I haven't done many kids classes since the pandemic but hope to get back to them at some point soon.
5. I've been a member of Netvvrk with Paddy Johnson since the beginning of the year and am really enjoying the community and resources available through the platform. If you are interested in finding out more about it, visit this link.
6. I'm super excited to be going to an event, Sustainability in Your Studio & in Your Work, through StARTup Studio on April 28 at Second Street Gallery in Charlottesville, Virginia. I've been to their in person and online events before and have always had a wonderful experience and learned a lot about the business end of having an art practice. In fact, that is how I learned about Netvvrk and am thankful for the grant they provided for me to participate!
7. I visited a wonderful exhibit at the Boca Museum of Art, Whitfield Lovell: Passages. If you are near Boca Raton, Florida, I highly recommend it. The pairings of drawings and ephemera, were so moving and beautifully rendered. The immersive installations were breathtaking. The docent said it would be coming to Richmond, I may have to make another trip to see it again.
8.The All Member Show is coming up at Falls Church Arts and I will have a piece in the May 27-June 25 segment of the show. More to come on that in the next installment.